Saturday, June 25, 2016

1530's Inspired Peryton Embroidery, Part Two

Progress Photo four: There is a head!
This is a continuation of my post here: Part One.

I did decide to take out the black snout marking as I couldn't figure out how to make the animal look natural if I included it.

Finished! 
In total I finished this embroidery on the 24th of June, (with many breaks where I would forget about it for some time) and officially started stitching March 5th (London Ontario's Winter War for the SCA). Not too bad time-wise for me.

For the project I used brushed cotton twill for the main fabric, cotton embroidery thread, rayon thread for the gold and polyester metallic for the silver. For the main body I used Split stitch to imitate fur, very small chain stitch for the wings to look like feathers and some satin stitch, for example on the hooves, antlers, ear, and crown.

Around this little guy will be knot-work that won't be from the same period but will be close enough that I'm making it work as the Tudor period did have knot work for decoration.

Hope you enjoyed!


No comments:

Post a Comment